Degassing of Lead-Acid Batteries is a process used to remove oxygen and hydrogen from battery’s electrolyte, to obtain a more accurate level over the time.
The ever-increasing requirements of car manufacturers has resulted in an evolution of the batteries as well. While the less recent lead-acid batteries had commonly more space between the lead plates, the late ones have passed through a space optimization process that brought, at the same time, more density to entrapped gases.
Degassing of Lead-Acid Batteries to remove the oxygen and hydrogen “micro bubbles” that normally are present in the interface between lead plates and electrolyte, to obtain a more accurate electrolyte level over the time, meeting the needs of the car manufacturers (more and more often they require a specific electrolyte level with a specific tolerance).
- degassing cycle is fully automated
- input transfer units move the batteries from the main line into the station and accumulators are stacked into the collection area to be processed
- vacuum chamber moves down, covering the accumulators, and then the vacuum process starts
- gases that come out from the electrolyte are brought out by the vacuum system
- after the preset time the containment cover is lifted, and next the batteries are moved out the processing area
- an exit system pushes the accumulators towards the conveyor belt so reinserting them in the original line
- the station is equipped with a conveyor belt to be added into an existing finishing line
- vacuum control system allows electrolyte to thoroughly saturate the electrodes ensuring the best battery charging-discharging performance
- special shape of the chamber designed to resist the pressure variation
- the process of vacuum degassing of the acid is carried out as quickly as possible and without additional waste of energy resources
- the whole process of vacuum degassing is pre-settable
- short process time can be achieved thanks to automation between the parts of the station
- our lead-acid battery degassing station is characterized by high reliability, performance, and durability
- Integrable: the station can be added to almost any existing finishing line, no need to modify or rebuild
- Fully Automatic: no operator needed, just set it up and go.
- High Standard: meets the needs of the most demanding car manufacturers
- Top Performance: achieve best battery charging/ discharging efficiency